IT Support Engineer
DNA IT Solutions is a next generation IT Managed Services provider. We are an ambitious, fast growing company with a passion for quality and service excellence.
We are expanding our engineering team and a new role has become available for an experienced IT Support Engineer.
Our team are highly trained and experienced in all aspects of IT support and project delivery. Each team member has specialist IT skill sets which add a wealth of knowledge to the business.
We keep up to date with the latest IT developments so our customers can have the benefit from our knowledge and advice. There is an excellent open and supportive team culture and it is a great environment for an engineer to further develop their skills and experience.
In the role of IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for engaging directly with DNA IT customers to resolve IT issues as they arise. You will be comfortable taking the lead where necessary but also the judgement to draw on more experienced team members as the need arises. You will have excellent customer facing experience with strong communication skills. You will be flexible given the dynamic nature of the IT business and will be able to handle change in a professional manner. You will be encouraged and supported to engage in your own professional development which is a core part of our company culture. Ongoing professional development is strongly supported within DNA IT.
- Answer calls from customers and ensure the necessary information is obtained to log tickets correctly
- Triage tickets as required and advise senior staff and management if escalation needed
- Ensure own tickets are closed in a timely manner, escalate as necessary to ensure customer requirements are met
- Participate in projects as required, these will also form part of professional development
- Maintain good customer communication and updates for all tickets and projects
- Drive resolutions for customers, mobilizing the necessary resources and personnel of DNA and maintaining focus on relevant SLAs
- Log all time correctly to ensure our reporting is accurate.
- Constantly engage in own professional development
- Complete projects in allocated time
- Perform onsite activities as required
- Mentor and coach more junior members of staff as required
- Participating in continuous improvement in our Ways of Working and propose improvements where appropriate
- Develop and maintain IT systems documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills with ability to diagnose the key issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm approach with our customers
- Ability to work as team member
- Customer focused mindset
- Motivated and self-directed
- Ambitious and willing to grow as our company develops
Key Technical Skills
- MS Exchange Server
- Active Directory
- TCP/IP Protocols
- Windows Server
- Windows 7 – 10
- MS-office suite
- MCP certification is advantageous
- Firewalls / Networking (Watchguard, Cisco, Juniper)
- Strong knowledge of server and storage infrastructure
- Good knowledge of Cloud Platforms
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree Level or relevant industry certification and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of the ITIL methodology advantageous
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply, please send your CV with a brief cover letter to email@example.com