Cyber Security Conference for Non IT Managers
This half day morning seminar is designed to give non-IT managers a strategic business view of cyber security and the challenges it presents.
The cyber security threat landscape is changing rapidly. A lot of what is happening is talked about in terms of the detail of “technical” threats such as Ransomware, but for those businesses without a technical manager, it can be difficult to know how to address security from a strategic perspective, rather than just always throwing more money and technology at the problem.
Businesses are often spending money on security audits, only be left with a big list of recommendations and no idea where to start, where to stop, how much do I really need to spend for my business, who can I trust?
In this session, expert speakers from DNA IT and Sophos, will give you a clear understanding of the evolving threat landscape, how to think about the risks you face, and how to build a cyber security strategy that is appropriate for your business.
Key Topics for Discussion:
- Why has Cyber Crime increased so much?
- How much do you need to invest?
- What sort of testing should you be doing?
- How fast can you respond to a cyber incident?- understanding managed detection and response.
- What role do security quality standards play?
- Policies, procedure and documentation – how much do you really need?
- Understanding whether your current environment is fit for purpose.
- Changing the culture – user behaviour, senior managers, board of directors – attitudes and understanding towards long term investment in security.
09:00 – 09:30 Tea, Coffee and Pastries
09:30 – 10:00 Introduction session – the cyber threat landscape today
10:00 – 10:40 Where do you start & where you do stop investing?
10:40 – 11:10 Tea and Coffee break
11:10 – 11:50 Cyber Security and importance of the end point – Sophos
11:50 – 12:30 Defining your security strategy – the role of quality standards and policies
12:30 – 13:00 The cultural challenge – changing behaviour and attitudes
Who Should Attend?
This information session is designed to give all non-technical managers a greater understanding of cyber security and how to build a business strategy to cope with it.
Typically, we find that Finance Directors, Managing Directors, Business Owners, Board Members and Operations Managers often carry the responsibility for IT, and so security is now a major concern in terms of business risk.
Where and When?
Friday 17th June @9:00 am
Carlton Hotel, Church Rd, Tyrrelstown, Dublin, D15 EYX5